Level 2 Thermography Certification Training
Infrared Training Course Benefits
- Review Level I training concepts that will bring you up-to-date with the latest IR camera knowledge and imaging techniques used by thermography professionals.
- Master your ability to analyze thermal images and create infrared reports by learning advanced camera operation and temperature measurement concepts.
- Broaden your knowledge of heat transfer theory that will enhance your ability to analyze thermal anomalies across a variety of applications and conditions.
- Hone your temperature measurement skills by seeing what factors impact accuracy including advanced radiometry concepts of emissivity and reflectivity.
- Discover how professional thermographers approach an inspection and what types of information are most important to include in an infrared report.
- See how to better define severity criteria when prioritizing thermal anomalies across a variety of applications.
- Learn the required elements of a written practice that is used to guide the training and certification needs of thermographers in your program.
- Challenge yourself with practical hands-on camera exercises that will further your ability to measure temperatures and diagnose critical problems.
A registration fee of $1995 USD includes course instruction, course materials, and lunch each day. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
Level II learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
InterNACHI: 32 CEUs
NETA: 32 Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs)
ITC: 24 Certification Renewal Credits
Level I Thermography course certification is required.
Commonly purchased together:
Electrical Thermologist - (Phase 2)
Phase 2 is intended to challenge a master electrician. This course is best for one who already has a background in thermography, but a background is not necessary. Many hands-on demonstrations detail components such as fuses, breakers, and motors.
This class is held in our Institute classroom, but all courses can be taught on site at a location of the students' choice. Pricing is subject to change if class is held at a location other than Kentucky Thermal Institute.
Our Phase 1 and 2 courses are taught by our in house Master Electrician, Ricky Barnes, who is also a Level 1 Thermographer. KTI's President, John Harnage, aids in teaching coursework as our Level 2 Thermographer.
Level 1 Thermography Certification
Level 1 Thermography Certification is course 1 of 3 offered by Infrared Training Center (ITC). Courses and their corresponding location can be found at https://courses.infraredtraining.com/index.cfm?action=registration.schedule&courseId=1
The Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on how thermography is used for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.