Level 1 Thermography Certification Training
Interested in getting certified? Contact us!
Infrared Course Benefits
- Comprehensive, hands-on introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
Level I Thermography Course Outline
- Infrared Thermography Applications Overview
- Basic Camera Setup and Operation
- Basic IR camera user interface, menu description and navigation, operational tips and tricks, and key elements to getting a good IR image
- Thermal Science Fundamentals
- Heat Transfer
- Fundamentals of Infrared Science
- Thermal Measurement
- Electrical Applications
- Thermography Safety
- Mechanical Applications
- Building Applications
- Final Exam
No previous thermography experience or IR camera is required.
Students who complete all training course requirements receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification and a wallet ID card.
Level I learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
ITC Certification is the gold standard qualification within the thermography industry and exceeds the requirements of international standards.
Building Performance Institute, InBPI: 16.5 CEUs
InterNACHI: 32 CEUs
NETA: 32 Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs)
ITC: 32 Certification Renewal Credits
Often purchased together:
Level 1 Thermography Certification
Level 1 Thermography Certification is course 1 of 3 offered by Infrared Training Center (ITC). Courses and their corresponding location can be found at https://courses.infraredtraining.com/index.cfm?action=registration.schedule&courseId=1
The Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on how thermography is used for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Building Science Thermologist Certification
Electrical Thermologist - (Phase 2)
Phase 2 is intended to challenge a master electrician. This course is best for one who already has a background in thermography, but a background is not necessary. Many hands-on demonstrations detail components such as fuses, breakers, and motors.
This class is held in our Institute classroom, but all courses can be taught on site at a location of the students' choice. Pricing is subject to change if class is held at a location other than Kentucky Thermal Institute.
Our Phase 1 and 2 courses are taught by our in house Master Electrician, Ricky Barnes, who is also a Level 1 Thermographer. KTI's President, John Harnage, aids in teaching coursework as our Level 2 Thermographer.